Wednesday, September 30, 2009

CompTIA A+

Discover Our Arts & Sciences Programs I just tested for my A+ certification and passed on my first attempt. I had bought a single A+ guide prior to enrolling at WGU and while I liked it, the primary learning resources available through WGU much better prepared me for the questions I encountered in the exams today.

The key to WGU is multiple learning resources. Mike Meyer's videos were excellent for "most" of the information but CompTIA often words questions in deliberately confusing ways. The primary texts were technically descriptive and helped fill in any blanks Mike's materials left out. I used practice tests from one resource that was more straightforward, and another that more closely matched the difficult wording/structure of CompTIA's.

The result is I passed.

5 comments:

  1. Can you refer me to WGU so I can avoid the application fee? Thanks a lot - kyle dot boddy at gmail dot com. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. The university only allows a couple referals per student which I like because it avoids a student writing a blog like this "only" to rack up amazon gift certificates and not giving an honest opinion. Even if I had referrals available, I believe referring people through this blog would "incentivize" everything and take away from its main purpose which is to provide a non biased real time account of my experience as a student. I'm sure there is someone you know personally that could refer you; Western Governors is the only regionally accredited online university I know of and many others are seeing the benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job Mr. X.
    I start the same program in Nov.
    Good luck with the rest of the program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free.
    comptia a+ courses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!
    comptia classroom course

    ReplyDelete